- understand the adverse effects that visible light and ultraviolet—UV—radiation can have on museum objects;
- be able to identify the items in your collections that are most susceptible to damage caused by exposure to visible light and UV radiation;
- know steps to take to control the lighting and UV radiation levels, and so minimise damage to your collections;
- be aware of the sources of visible light, UV radiation and infrared radiation in a museum, gallery or library; and
- be aware of the need for different lighting levels for the different areas of the museum, gallery or library.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.