Below is a list of actions to back-up and document your collection:
▪ Prepare an inventory of your precious items. Take photographs of special items. Cloud storage for metadata and images can be explored through your preferred software.
▪ Make a list of your high priority items – those items you would single out for protection so your ready to act in an emergency.
▪ Get up to date valuations of valuable items.
▪ Review your insurance cover, and discuss specifics of bushfire cover with your insurance company.
• Copy important files, make duplicates of printed works and separate your photographs and negatives, store backups and negatives off-site.
• Store a copy of your records in at least two off-site locations (online and hard drive at work?)
In summary, keep your documentation backed-up and up-to-date.